With a growing and busy preteen at home, I am all about simple recipes. The recipes around the Web for banana bread or cake take many ingredients and I seldom have them. On hand, I had four ripe bananas and a white cake mix by Pillsbury. I spent $0.94 on the mix and $2.00 on the bananas. Add your favorite frosting and you're done.
Simple Banana Cupcakes
Yield = 24 cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 bananas, ripe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water, cold
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, begin by mashing the bananas with a fork very well.
- Using a wooden spoon, to the bananas mix in eggs, oil, and water.
- Lastly, slowly mix in cake mix a little at a time.
- Once all is combined well, use a mixer to mix at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Place two tablespoons of the batter in each cupcake liner in the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 19 to 23 minutes.