Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

DIY $2 Storage

I am a firm believer in the Reuse, Repurpose, Recylce principle. By purchasing regularly used items from your grocery store, you can create cheap (even free) storage solutions.


Soup cans. Look for cans with a tab at the top. This will allow for a clean open, instead of using a can opener, which could leave a sharp edge.

Clean can well. Remove the label and cover with contact paper or wrapping paper. I use double-sided stick tape or hot glue for extra hold.

Store inside: pens, pencils, crayons, makeup brushes, binder clips, washi tape, and the list goes on. I use a soup can in my pantry to hold chip clips. I use one in my office to hold rubber bands.


Oatmeal containers. These come in a few different sizes, but I love the small ones best. The plastic lid is great.

Dust out inside of container. Since the container is actually made of cardboard, do not wet it. Wipe off the lid. Cover the outside with contact paper or wrapping paper. No need to remove the oatmal label since it might ruin the carboard. Just cover it well.

Store inside: small toys, hair accessories (use ouside of container for headbands), kitchen utensils (instead of expensive ceramic ones), baking supplies (piping bags, cupcake liners, etc.), and the list goes on an on.

How are you saving on your organizing?

Diana


No comments:

Post a Comment