I use a very simple soup recipe to get a soup starter on the table before the big meal. I also eat it alone with crackers for lunch. De-lish!
Simple Vegetable Soup
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup pasta (macaroni or ziti works well)
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir every 5 minutes to keep pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
That's it! So simple. I keep all these items in my pantry as staples.
What simple recipes are your go-tos?