This is a slight variation of an eggless recipe on Crunchycreamysweet.com. It is very easy; chocolate chip cookies are harder to make. If you have a doughnut tin, by all means use it. Since I don't, I used my regular muffin/cupcake tin. Mini muffin tins work well here too. If you use a regular muffin tin, fill 12 halfway.
Yield: 18 mini muffins, 12 regular muffins
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Directions:1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar.
5. Add spices and vanilla, whisk well.
6. Add milk and whisk again.
7. Add dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
8. Fill the muffin pan.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of each muffin comes out clean.
10. Cool in pan for 2 minutes, transfer onto a wire rack.
11. Prepare the coating: melt butter in a small bowl; in another small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
12. When muffins are completely cool, dunk each one in melted butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar.
13. Return onto wire rack and let cool for few minutes.