Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Finance Fridays: Apps

They are addictive, fun, informative, challenging, and trendy. I'm talking about apps. Since having an iPad, I've noticed the free apps I download tend to have something to buy, especially in the case of games. I love games and I don't mind calling myself a gamer. However, I only play for free - only free. The game makers make it simple to have ads and power-ups pop up in the middle of your game when you can easily click it and end up with a purchase.

To avoid this, do not store your credit card information on your iPad, iPhone, or other smartphone or tablet. Never, never purchase anything. Your financial information will be saved, and these apps are highly suspectible to hacking. 

If you absolutely have to purchase something in a free app or purchase an app for that matter, use a very low balance credit card. I have a $200 maximum balance card that I got a long, long time ago. I keep it because I use it at sketchy places, like my favorite gyros restaurant and an international grocer. I also use this card for online shopping. IMPORTANT NOTE: Pay off the card in full each month.

How are you keeping free apps free?

No comments:

Post a Comment