Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Art under $15

I wish that I could say I am an artist. Actually, I wish I was several things that I'm not. Still, it would be great to think abstractly and create my own works of art. However, since that is not my reality and art supplies can be very expensive, I buy mine.


These two identical pieces of art, which are just canvas prints stretched over a wooden frame, were puchased for $15 at Kirklands. If you have not shopped there before, I urge you to find one and give it a try. It is a wonderful and affordable home decor store. I have been to one in a mall and one that was free-standing.

Also, Big Lots, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and other discount stores carry artwork. Before you spend over $30 on supplies, think about purchasing at one of these stores.

These two pieces hang above my sofa in my formal living room. I hung them just slightly askew so they fill up the bare wall more. If I hung them side-by-side, they would look even more identical. Separating them and hanging one below the other gives your eye more stimulation. Plus, it goes well with my off-white furniture. Yes, off-white furniture - that is why this room is the FORMAL living room. My family room has dark brown everything.



What kind of art are you picking up on the cheap?

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment