Sweet and Sour Sausage
A colorful stir-fry featuring smoked sausage, pineapple, carrots and vegetables in a sweet and sour sauce.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes 5 servings
- 1 regular size package Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1-2/3 cups long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots, diagonally sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions, using 3-1/3 cups water.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups; set aside. Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in medium bowl until well blended. Gradually add juice mixture, mixing until well blended after each addition. Stir in vinegar and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Cook and stir sausage, carrots and bell pepper in medium skillet 6 minutes, or until carrots are crisp-tender. Add juice mixture; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in pineapple; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve over the rice.
Source: Eckrich http://www.eckrich.com/recipes/entrees/sweet_and_sour_sausage