6 russet potatoes or any on hand
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. butter or margarine
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash potatoes under running water, scrubbing well with a vegetable brush.
2. Chop potatoes into small pieces and place in pot. Run water over potatoes until covered well.
3. Bring to a boil on high heat, the lower to low heat for 20 minutes.
4. Drain water from potatoes and return to same pot.
5. In pot, mash all potatoes with a fork.
6. In pot, add all other ingredients. Mix well with a spoon. Serve right away.
No flavor is overwhelming. This is my go to recipe for mashed potatoes, mainly because it takes less than 30 minutes! They are so forgiving that you could add anything, even bacon bits, chives, onions, etc. Try some today.