In a desperate need to make barbecue chicken, I searched for a sauce recipe with ingredients I already have. Ketchup is a well-known base for the sauce, and I like the flavor from soy sauce. So, try this recipe for your next cookout.
Not Your Grandma's BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 2 tablespoons mustard, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Mix all ingredients. Store in the refrigerator for several weeks or more.
- I omitted mustard and Worcestershire sauce. I do not like that much tang. The sweeter the sauce the better.