Skip to main content

Butter Garlic Spaghetti


I am always looking for recipes that 1) use very few ingredients, 2) take little time to prep and cook, and 3) taste good. Today, I made a simple spaghetti with butter, garlic, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.

Butter Garlic Spaghetti

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 lb. whole wheat spaghetti
  • 2 c. water
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 or whole stick butter
  • 1/2 Tbsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/2 c. or handful of shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic in a jar, or 4 cloves

For spaghetti:
  • In a medium saucepan, boil water with salt to a rolling boil. Add pasta and simmer on low-medium for 7 minutes. Drain half of the pasta water. Keep pasta in half of the water until sauce is done.
For sauce:
  • Slice stick of butter and bring to a boil in a large skillet/pan. Stir in pepper. Once boiling and bubbling (not burning), add pasta and pasta water to pan. Stir in garlic, and continue to boil for 5 minutes. Shut off heat and add Parmesan cheese. Toss with tongs and plate. Enjoy!
Diana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Junk Drawer Organization

I just moved to a new city and state, and none of my storage space in my new apartment is like all my storage space in my old house. I downsized from 2,000 square feet to 900 square feet, so I am trying to cope.


















The junk drawer is always a hassle. It won't open well, it won't stay shut, or you can't find anything.
Dollar Tree to the rescue! I purchased plastic skinny storage containers and poster tack (putty) all at the dollar store. For less than $5, I have this now:

No labels needed. Each container had very little in it. One for pens, index cards (used for shopping lists), measuring tape, tape and stapler, mini flashlight and box cutter, and letter opener and hole punch.

Simply cut a dime-size chunk of poster tack. Place it on the bottom corners of your containers. And, place the container in its rightful spot. When you open the drawer, nothing moves or jingles. So nice!!

Let me know what you've done to tame your junk drawer.
Diana

Free Printable - Daily Journal

I journal everyday. I jot down a few sentences or bullet points that help me set the tone for my day, and then I reflect on my day. It creates self-awareness and motivation. It helps me understand what is really important to me.

I have been through a rough few months due to a job loss that, which was really a blessing to lose. I was bullied excessively by a manager for 11 months. It took a lot of strength for me not to quit and stay motivated. This journal is what helped!




Download here!

1. Visit link.
2. This is a PDF. So, print page 2 in color (or black and white), double-sided. That will give you four days of journaling per page. Print as many pages as you want. I printed 90.
3. Print the cover page as the cover of your journal.
3. Three-ring hole punch or spiral bind hole punch the top of each page.
4. Bind in three-ring binder or spiral binding.



Easy Potato Soup and Slow-cooker Short Ribs

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am a good cook in my heart, but my hands do something else. I MUST follow recipes in order to produce good food. Bless those of you who can whip up something without a recipe. I want to be you when I grow up.

My husband was out of the country for a week, living on restaurant food and room service. For the country he was working in, it was for the best. Still, he craved low-sodium home cooking. So, I have to share these winning recipes with you. Follow or adjust and let me know how it turned out. Photos encouraged.
Easy Potato Soup Quick and easy potato soup with a kick, thanks to red pepper flakes.


Ingredients: 6 to 8 red potatoes, peeled and quartered2 to 3 Tbsp. butter [substitute 3 Tbsp. canola oil] 2 small carrots, diced or shredded1/4 c. finely chopped onion2 Tbsp. flour4 c. milk2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley [substitute 1 Tbsp. parsley flakes]1 Ttbsp. salt1/2 tsp. seasoned salt [substitute 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper]1/4 tsp. red …