I am always looking for recipes that 1) use very few ingredients, 2) take little time to prep and cook, and 3) taste good. Today, I made a simple spaghetti with butter, garlic, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
Butter Garlic Spaghetti
- 1/2 lb. whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 c. water
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 or whole stick butter
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. or handful of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic in a jar, or 4 cloves
- In a medium saucepan, boil water with salt to a rolling boil. Add pasta and simmer on low-medium for 7 minutes. Drain half of the pasta water. Keep pasta in half of the water until sauce is done.
- Slice stick of butter and bring to a boil in a large skillet/pan. Stir in pepper. Once boiling and bubbling (not burning), add pasta and pasta water to pan. Stir in garlic, and continue to boil for 5 minutes. Shut off heat and add Parmesan cheese. Toss with tongs and plate. Enjoy!