Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

"Magic Cake" - Perfect Custard Cake

Jo from Jo Cooks has a tremendous cake recipe called Magic Cake. It is a simple custard cake with ingredients like flour, eggs, butter, milk, sugar and vanilla. I bet you have these ingredients in your home right now.

I grew up eating a cake called cremesh, a European custard cake with powdered sugar on top of a crispy layer on top of the sweetest creme ever. I remember contacting Jo about cremesh, and this is a perfect version.

Recipe here

The cake sunk a bit once out of the oven. It should cool for some time in order for the creme inside to congeal and come together. Can't wait to slice into it!


I have made several of the recipes on her site. I have not been disappointed even once. She is amazing.

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment