Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Best salad


I am not a chef by any means. Well, I am deep in my heart, but my hands have a mind of their own. I keep a short list of winning recipes I have tested. This is the best recipe I have found for salad. It's a bit sweet, and I love sweet things. At least try it, and let me know what you really think.


Best Salad

Yields 8 servings
Ingredients:
     For salad:
  • 1 bag Spring Mix lettuce
  • 1 bag (or half a head) of regular lettuce
  • Some chopped red onion (handful)
  • 1-1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
  • 1 cup Swiss cheese
  • 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup Provolone
   For dressing:
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil (can substitute with canola)
  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
First, layer Spring Mix lettuce, regular lettuce, red onion, grapes and cheeses in a large bowl. In separate bowl, whisk together oils, vinegar, salt, sugar and mustard. Pour dressing over large bowl of lettuce mixture and toss tongs until fully incorporated over salad.

Note: Since the dressing sits in the salad, the lettuces wilt faster. I suggest you eat the salad over two days tops. However, it is so tasty that it may not last that long!

Note 2: After rinsing lettuce leaves and before adding them to the large bowl, dry the leaves as much as possible.

Dana
traditionalurbanite@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment