I am not a chef by any means. Well, I am deep in my heart, but my hands have a mind of their own. I keep a short list of winning recipes I have tested. This is the best recipe I have found for salad. It's a bit sweet, and I love sweet things. At least try it, and let me know what you really think.
Yields 8 servings
- 1 bag Spring Mix lettuce
- 1 bag (or half a head) of regular lettuce
- Some chopped red onion (handful)
- 1-1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Provolone
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (can substitute with canola)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
Note: Since the dressing sits in the salad, the lettuces wilt faster. I suggest you eat the salad over two days tops. However, it is so tasty that it may not last that long!
Note 2: After rinsing lettuce leaves and before adding them to the large bowl, dry the leaves as much as possible.